List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Re: Autostart program
From:       Stelian Iancu <stelian.iancu () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-01-30 6:22:44

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 05:59, Wolfgang Mueller wrote:
> On 29 Jan 2003 18:56:29 +0200, Stelian Iancu wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible in KDE 3.1 to setup a program that
> > will be started everytime I start KDE? [...]
>
> Even more than one. You may put any numer of .desktop
> files in the directory ~/.kde/Autostart
>
> Ciao, Wolfgang

First of all, thanks for the answer. It works. But now I have another
problem. I want that the window for the program not to appear in the
taskbar. I don't know if you understand what I mean, so I will explain.
The program I try to utilize like that is gkrellm. And now (with a link
put in Autostart) it starts like a normal program, with the window
decorations and a button in the taskbar. However, when I started KDE via
startx, I have put

exec gkrellm &

in my ~/.xinitrc and it appeard without the decorations and the button
in the taskbar (because I have started it before startkde). Obviously
the ~/.xinitrc isn't parsed anymore since I use kdm. Now the question is
if I can accomplish the same result while using kdm. Is there any file
(like ~/.xinitrc) that is parsed even when booting in runlevel 5 ?

--
Regards,
Stelian I.