List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Some issues
From:       Stelian Iancu <stelian.iancu () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-01-29 13:49:00

Hi!

I have just installed KDE 3.1.0 and I have to say that it is impressive!
I want to thank the whole KDE team for this wonderful experience!

Anyway, beeing a long time Gnome user, I was used with the way things
were there, and now I try to do some of the customizations in KDE too.

For instance, in Gnome2 I had these shortcuts:
Alt+1 - Workspace 1
Alt+2 - Workspace 2
Alt+4 - Workspace 4

Now the question is if it is possible in KDE too to achieve this kind of
customization?

Another thing that irritates me is that I can't seem to be able to start
kdm (now I booted in runlevel 3 and started KDE via startx). Anyway, I
am using Mandrake 9.0 and in /etc/sysconfig/desktop I found the
DISPLAYMANAGER variable. It was set to gdm so I changed it to kdm. Well,
nothing happened, gdm started again after reboot and, guess what, it
added a second line to /etc/sysconfig/desktop containing
DISPLAYMANAGER=gdm. So if there are any other Mandrake users out there,
can you please tell me how can I get kdm to work?

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Stelian I.