List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] starting kde on a different x screen (again), help plz...=)
From:       christopher j bottaro <cjb () cs ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2003-01-28 1:01:37

sorry to repost this, but for some reason kmail lost most of the messages in
my kde-linux maildir.

i tried what someone suggested: xinit kde_startup_script -- :1, but that just
starts up kde on :1.0.

the reason why i'm asking how to do this is because i have x configured to
have two 2 x screens...one corresponding to my crt monitor, and one
corresponding to my tv.  i use the x screen that is my tv to playback movies
while using the x screen that is my crt to use my computer as normal.

well screen 0 by default gets the video overlay, which is needed for good
movie playback.  screen 0 currently is my crt, but i want it to be the tv
(i.e. so the tv gets the video overlay).  the problem with that is that kde
always starts on screen 0, and if thats my tv, then screen 1 (the crt) will
startup with a very barren kde desktop.

thanks for the help,
-- christopher