List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] kmail 1.4.1 pop-filter
From:       akar <akar3d () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-11-09 6:51:01

On Monday 04 November 2002 09:47 pm, Stephan Schiffel wrote:
> I know of the "delete from server" option, but it deletes all messages.
> And with pop-filters I can only manage to delete messages before fetching
> them. I think a "delete message after download" option for pop-filters
> would be nice.

???? Filters can be tricky and if you have followed past threads you will
see that their functionality is really a measure of the operators ingenuity
rather than preprogrammed functions. You can achieve ANYTHING with the
right combinations.

I trust you already have filters to put your list mail into relevant folders
so...

Say your email acct is called mymail. Make a copy of it called mymaillists
with Exclude from 'checkmail' turned on and interval checking turned off.
On this account you should have pop filters to choose listmail for download
and delete from server turned on (in the network tab).

So, each time you get mail from this account it will download your list mail
and then delete it from server. Make sure you have delete mail set in the
account and not in the pop filter which should be marking for download not
deletion.

I say to run this manually because it should run before a general download
using 'mymail'. But you can have it run with mail check or interval if it
is the first (or at least before 'mymail') in the account list. There are
no order buttons so you may need to enter all your accounts in the order
you want (or edit the actual text config file)

There are probably easier ways, be creative.

andrew