List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] how to translate a docbook file
From:       akar <akar3d () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-11-09 6:13:44

On Sunday 03 November 2002 02:40 am, Stephen Boulet wrote:
> I see that a lot of kde apps have a "manual.docbook" file included with
> them. How do I view this? I'd like to convert it to dvi if possible.
>
> -- Stephen

There are probably more direct ways... (I hate docbook and all it stands
for) but kde uses meinproc to convert it to html on the fly and you can
too...

I use it to make a html copy of the kde docs so I still have searchable kde
help with htdig but you can convert the html to dvi. I am sure there are
numerous convertors for this if not for direct docbook to dvi.  You should
really look at the docs that come with docbook because its sole reason for
existence is that it can be edited and converted to other formats easily.

andrew