List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Help?
From:       Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon () decoulon ! ch>
Date:       2002-10-29 22:17:49

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 20:25, Essuon-Bonney, Solomon wrote:
> I'm a newbie. and wondering if I can install KDE3.1 on SuSe7.1? I want to
> intall the liquid desktop too. Also my configurations devices like sound
> card and graphics do not seem to take effect.

If you're a newbie I'd strobgly suggest you start with a distribution that
includes KDE 3, rather then upgrading a SuSE 7.1 - However, it can be done.
Download the required rpm packages and install.

For your sound and graphic problem, I can't help with so little information.
What are your sound and graphic cards? What "configurations do not seem to
take effects"? Most graphic cards should work with linux. Some sound cards
can be tricky.

Thierry

Thierry de Coulon - tcoulon@decoulon.ch
web site: http://www.decoulon.ch