List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Re: No kio_audiocd nor kio_help when not root!
From:       "CiAsA S'Nuey Boark" <ciasaboark () telocity ! com>
Date:       2002-10-30 4:15:17

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 03:49 pm, Guy Zelck wrote:
> > Can't
> >remember off the top of my head which config files audiocd:/ looks in, but
> > it shouldn't be hard to find them.
>
> Not hard? I used 'strace' to track down what's going on but no clues at
> all!

Well, I did a strace on it, and it looks like its looking for a file
~/.kde3/share/config/kio_audiocd or /opt/kde3/share/config/kio_audiocd but
not finding either (which is weird because it still works for ripping).  So
right now I officially have no idea what config file it is actually reading
from, and dont have enough time to poke through a 6500 line strace log ;)

> By the way, what is your distribution and are you running KDE 3.0.4?

Debian Stable running kde 3.1-beta2 from source (3.0.8)

The only things I can see as a problem are either:
1. there is a permissions problem on the cd device (which you say there is
not)
2. One ore more of the config files is messed up for your user 'guy' (since it
still works with root.  Try creating that additional user and seeing if he
can.  If he cant, then return to step one :)
--
Chicken Little only has to be right once.

Jonathan Nelson [icq=56665957] [aim=ciasaboark]