List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Konqueror 3.0.0 plugin problem.
From:       Rob Blomquist <rob.blomquist () verizon ! net>
Date:       2002-09-30 1:40:52

I am running RH 7.3. Since I removed Netscape due to a preference for Mozilla
1.1, I have had a problem with my plugins with Konqueror.

I have found that my Moz plugins are read from /usr/local/mozilla/plugins, and
I have tried ~/.mozilla/plugins. ~/.netscape/plugins, and
~/.netscape6/plugins all directories that appear to be installed by Moz
during the installation.

Konq appears to be reading all these directories, but not allowing me to
render flash pages properly. The plugger plugin and the RealPlayer plug in
seem to work.

I understand that in order to run flash, both libflashplayer.so (rwxrwxr-x)
and ShockwaveFlash.class (r--r--r--) need to be installed in the proper
directory. I believe that permissions are correct, but I have no idea why
Konq is not working.

Rob
--
Rob Blomquist
Kirkland, WA

On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section, it said
'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed Linux and lived happily ever
after.