List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] kmail filters
From:       Alistair Carr <ali_carr () bigpond ! com>
Date:       2002-09-05 4:08:22

John Andersen / Juneau Alaska wrote;_
Or, figrue out what the problem really was, which would be more
profitable knowledge.
There are usually some hidden files in your directory that can
be erased and the account reverts back to useable.
Log into you working account and see which of these gets
tagged with todays date, then peek at the old account
and compare.

Adjust a filter in kmail and see which file gets set with
todays date and time.
Kong with hidden files turned on is your friend in this.

Some of the error messages I was getting referred to dcop but fixing that
didn't help.Neither did removing/renaming .kde. One thing I was getting was a
Sigsev (I think thats right?). Running the debug gave lots of references to
libkdecore.so.xx from kdelibs.I first thought kdelibs may have been messed by
the power outage, but I could still log in as root, so this wasn't the
problem.A couple of references where to /tmp/ksocket-ali and
/tmp/mcop-ali,but as I don't now what these do I left well alone in case I
totally stuffed everthing, as I have been known to do.
Anyway, up and running again,
Alistair.