List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] too many versins
From:       Hasanen <family () warkaa ! net>
Date:       2002-07-01 16:06:31

Bernard Lambey wrote:

> Lundi 1 Juillet 2002 07:02, John Andersen a écrit :
> > [ ... ]
> >For my purposes, I find KDE 2.2.2is the best KDE to date, and going
> >to 3.0 or 3.0.1 is simply an exercise with little gain.  I'm waiting for
> >3.0.2 or maby whats after that.
> >
> >John Andersen / Juneau Alaska
> I think many people agree that point of view extremely reasonable.
> And, precisely because the programmers are unpaid, I think we
> would have to halt to put them under the pression. We have to
> leave them to live, as long as their work is fine and perfectly
> adapted to our needs. Why to be always the tongue hanging out
> in front of eventual innovations of doubtful necessity ??? The
> bugs still unresolved, and speed increasing : that are the real
> problems.
> Bernard L (Montpellier-F)

I know they are doing great work for free ( as most of as do ) but this
work most be redirected to
some thing more important like tracking bugs and building new programs
for KDE which can make it
more popular.
what can we do with a great system with few application, while the team
developing KDE 4 why don't the
put these big efforts for making some thing more important like Visual
KDE Builder, or any thing
can enhance the quantity and quality of the applications. when building
a program with some thing
visual you will have fewer bugs and can done the job in a short time.

when you compare between windows GUI and KDE you will find KDE is the
better , then why most of world
use some thing ugly and expensive and have thousand of viruses ?

1- Windows has a good stability ( linux is more stable , but KDE ! I
don't think so)
2- Boot faster than Linux.
3- there is too many application work with it.
4- King of the PC-Games ( instead of the ugly DIRECT-X programs code
which look worst than a Linux assembly                            code).
5- Home users and small business computer_works is many times more than
the jobs that require a real OS like UNIX

6- the world is full of Idiots !
7- Microsoft is backed by USA and many...
8- Windows is easy.
9- after all it's MAKE MONEY !

so KDE have many problems to solve it before it become like windows (
error : type mismatch KDE is
a windows manager while windows is OS )

the problems :

* KDE lack the centralized work and planning , in this material world
the FREE will not live for
long age there for KDE need real PLACE and a real COMPANY . I know that
this will take over the age
of FREE KDE but without this the growth will be very slow.

* KDE is not backed by any company , in this case no one can destroy it
because no one can destroy thousand
of programmer around the world.
But this will slow down the growth. KDE shouldn't stay like this, at
least it must have a small
company and be semi-commercial.

there is many companies making money from free thing, Red Hat , Mandrake
, Corel ,.....
they are distributing a commercial products with high prices, but who
will by any distribution don't
contain KDE. at least KDE must backed by those distributors.

KDE must move to the next stage , in which the developer unite in place
called Work Place ( company) so they can plan better because they will
get money fore this.

I know must of us are technical and hackers and we like the way linux
start and all these boot message
and source code and the black terminals with CLI (Command Line
Interface)
but if we can't make a world with millions of idiots and home users to
like this.
so there must be a simple linux-distribution called something like Linux
HV (Home Version) in which
there is no boot message , the system start to the GUI (KDE) instantly
with a friendly login....etc.

i suggest that KDE most be free for commercial works and free for
others. I don't think that
Red Hat and Debian ... will live without KDE.

and dont forget the games , if there was a cool games ( many of them not
just doom and quake ..)
the gamers will have to use linux.

i am who started this talking and wont finish till KDE developer hear it
and respond to us.