List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Missing items KDE 3.0.1??
From:       Mariusz Pekala <skoot () poczta ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2002-06-30 0:25:02

Dnia sob 29. czerwiec 2002 23:46, Jan Simonson napisa³:
> lördagen den 29 juni 2002 23.10 skrev Mariusz Pekala:
> > Dnia sob 29. czerwiec 2002 19:44, edj napisa³:
> > > KDE 2.2 seems to have had more menu items than 3.0.1.  e.g.,
> > > Preferences>System>Startup>Services is missing.  Did KDE change things,
> > > or was my install somehow kaplooied??
> >
> > You may want to copy files from /etc/X11/applnk and/or /usr/share/applnk
> > to your ~/.kde/share/applnk
> > Maybe.
>
> But is there any way to make KDE3.0.1 look in /etc/X11/applnk  as it did in
> 2.x.x?

It's probably looking, but for some reason not all entries are visible. I
haven't tracked this down... This dirty hack with copying just solved my
problems.
On my RedHat 7.3 in the menu editor (right click KMenu & select menu editor) I
see a lot of entries, but at the same time I cannot see them in THE menu. I
noticed that after making some modifications, the menu item suddenly
appeared. Then I noticed that a new file has been created ile in my user's
applnk directory. Thus I copied all I wanted to see.