List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Question: Sound over network
From:       Ali.Naddaf () trilogy ! com
Date:       2002-06-28 14:19:42

--=_alternative 004EBE4386256BE6_=

Hello everyone.

I am running kde 3.0.1 on SuSE 8.0 (intel based). I have also set up my
remote login manager (XDMCP) so I connect to my linux box via X running on
my (windows) laptop. This X is the port of XFree to cygwin.

My question is regarding having sound when I am remotely connected to my
box via xdmcp. Is it possible to have sound? In Sound section  of the KDE
control center, under Sound Server, there are two checkboxes which I would
have guessed could be related to my question:
(1) Enable Network Transparency,
(2) Exchange security and reference info over the X11 Server.

Could someone tell me what these two selections are? I tried them and
still I don't have remote sound (obviously, everything is fine locally).
It might be the cygwin port of X which is not doing what it should but if
that is the case, is there another X on windows which does that correctly?

Many thanks,
Ali.

--=_alternative 004EBE4386256BE6_=

I have also set up my &nbsp;remote login manager (XDMCP) so I connect to my linux box \
via X running on my (windows) laptop. This X is the port of XFree to cygwin.</font> \
am remotely connected to my box via xdmcp. Is it possible to have sound? In Sound \
section &nbsp;of the KDE control center, under Sound Server, there are two checkboxes \
which I would have guessed could be related to my question: </font> <br><font size=2 \
face="sans-serif">(1) Enable Network Transparency,</font> <br><font size=2 \
face="sans-serif">(2) Exchange security and reference info over the X11 \
Server.</font> <br>
are? I tried them and still I don't have remote sound (obviously, everything is fine \
locally). It might be the cygwin port of X which is not doing what it should but if \
that is the case, is there another X on windows which does that correctly?</font> \
--=_alternative 004EBE4386256BE6_=--