List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] konsole, anti-aliased fonts
From:       akar <akar3d () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-04-11 20:48:40

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:30, Darrell Esau wrote:
> Any suggestions on how to make Konsole see these fonts?  As I've said, most
> other KDE apps can see these fonts, and Konsole does see some AA truetype
> fonts.

There are a number of ways. For kde2.x Mandrake and others had a patch that
showed all your fonts.
In kde3/xfree4.2 it all appears OK as all my mono TT and Type1 fonts show as
well as Bitmap. (You dont lose bitmaps when you use AA anymore).
So you may just need to upgrade to xfree4.

One of the early problems was with fixed fonts were not recognised because of
the mono character. These could be fixed with match any family ==  "Andale"
edit spacing = "mono" ;

regards,

andrew