List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Why won't you Bastards fix this Bug / Help me!
From:       Chris <lowflier429 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-02-26 8:50:17

On Monday 25 February 2002 12:28 pm, Murata, Wayne wrote:
> If I am not mistaken, this thread started because the original user did
> report the bug, but was told version 2.2.2 was not supported anymore, he
> would have to use the version 3 beta.  He followed your suggestions as far
> as he was able, then was told the production version was unsupported.  The
> further point of the thread has been, regardless of the distribution, it is
> never going to have your beta versions as part of the install so how can
> anyone report a bug if the production version is unsupported.
> I realize that this problem is just for Konquerer, or at least I hope
> that's true.  The issue really revolves around what kind of support can a
> user expect.  Because of vendors like RedHat and SUSE and Debian, etc.,
> Linux could become a good general desktop, but if they won't supply the
> support for kde, and you can't supply the support, then it will always be
> only for tech minded users.  This applies also to gnome and to any other
> desktop environment.  It may be why RedHat shows so little support for kde,
> they don't have the resources to support both.
>
> Wayne Murata

I dont know how many others feel as I but I personally have used Windows:
3.1, 95, 98 1 & 2, Nt, Me and 2000 and never once got along with or was
saticefied with any of them. As for Linux and KDE I have had no better
experience with a pc since I started using it. In fact my PC has never worked
as good as it does now. The support I get from this mailing list among a few
other lists has been more than enough for me on the few occasions I have
needed help.

Ignore the bulls*** and keep up the good work guys.

   Chris