List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] I aplogise for being an idiot......
From:       akar <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-02-13 12:26:27

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:44, Mark J. Tunstall wrote:
> how the f..k do I change the apparently default path in kde/kdm. ?God, even
> Bill Gates has a user-friendly way to do this.

Really? Since when???  The only way to change the default PATH in Windows is
by using a Path statement in the autoexec.bat file and/or possibly in the
hidden msdos.sys system file. There is nothing user friendly about setting a
path in windows at all.

In linux you can set it in a million places; in your startkde script in your
/etc/profile or bash rc file for system wide or the equivalent files in the
users home directory for on a per user basis. In fact any script anywhere.

--
regards,

andrew