List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] "mailto" formatting in Konqueror
From:       Mike Warner <warnerm () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2002-02-01 1:22:01

Hey now.

I am developing a website. I want to submit email from a javascript function.
It has this form:

body="Line 1\nLine 2\nLine 3";
url="mailto:blah@blah.com?subject=blah&body=" + escape(body);
window.location=url;

This sequence works perfectly in Windows 2000 using Outlook Express as the
email client (unfortunately).

It does not work correctly in Konqueror 2.2.2, Mozilla 0.9.7, or Netscape
6.2.1.

In these other browsers, the NEWLINES are lost. Everything in the email body
occupies ONE line.

Anyone have a workaround?

Thanx.

Mike