List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Re: DCOPserver Error
From:       SoloCDM <deedsmis () aculink ! net>
Date:       2002-01-31 16:10:21

Georg Golombek stated the following:

> Am Sonntag, 27. Januar 2002 00:19 schrieb SoloCDM:
>
> > What can be done to correct KDE from causing the following error
> > every time it loads:
>
> > There was some error setting up inter-process communications for
> > KDE. The message returned by the system was:
>
> > Could not read network connection list:
> > /[user_account]/.DCOPserver_[server]_:0
>
> > Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running.
>
> > When I checked dcopserver with ps I found: kdeinit: dcopserver
> > --nosid
>
> > I recently change $DISPLAY from [server_IP]:0.0 to [server_IP]:0,
> > then the error started to occur.
>
> delete files and links which are in the $HOME  and beginn with:
>
> .DCOPserver
>
> then delete in /tmp  all files/directories which  have  the
> extension   .<user>   where user is your login-name

I removed the files in question and anything that had to do with ICE
in /tmp, and I still received the error message.  I also removed
.Xauthority and all /tmp files with the user name, but it didn't
change anything.  Everything else in /tmp is maintained by another
process with crond.

--
Note: When you reply to this message, please include the mailing
      list/newsgroup address and my email address in To:.