List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Upgrade question
From:       Terry <tg5027 () citlink ! net>
Date:       2002-01-28 2:36:03

I would totally agree that using Yast is not perfect, only that it
might be a better chance.  The only sure way to get either KDE or GNOME
(or any other WM) to work very well is to install an entire
distribution that has the WM you want to use.  After all, that's what
we pay them the "big bucks" for - to integrate all of the world's
collection of packages into something that is useful.  And it's well
worth it!

This was probably the last time that I will attempt to upgrade a
component in a distro, just to be "current".  You have to have a lot of
extra time or an extream need to go through a process for which there
is little support or documentation.  Compiling from source is even a
more extreame measure that really requires significant need - not just
idle curosity about what one is missing by not having the latest....

--
Terry