List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Upgrade question
From:       Terry <tg5027 () citlink ! net>
Date:       2002-01-28 1:17:57

Ali,

The instructions say - if in doubt, update all.  You can do it in any
order w/o trying to use it (i.e. - from another WM, like icewm).
That's what I did and it worked out well, with one exception.  The Qt
library specified by SuSE is incorrect.  I don't know where to find the
previous version, but if you can find it use Qt 2.3.1 instead of 2.3.2
that is on the site.  If you can't find it, Klipper will slow down K to
a crawl.  Just stop Klipper from the task bar and tell it not to
automatically restart and it will be o.k.  Be patient with it as it
will move very slowly - 5-10 seconds - trying to get it stopped.

Good luck - it's worth the effort.

--
Terry