List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Re:  KDevelop; Single Independant Makefile?
From:       "bowman" <bowman () montana ! com>
Date:       2002-01-27 19:06:41

> Is there any way I can have KDevelop generate a single independant
makefile
> with the proper dependancies? All responses are greatly appriciated. Also,
> am somewhat new to Linux and KDevelop so please keep that in mind when
> replying. Thanks very much!

*nix systems are very flexible. The odds are very poor that for anything but
the simplest programs that a Makefile that works on your system would build
on mine. Much work has been done over the  years to get automake,
configuration scripts, and other tools that will sniff out what is available
in a particular system and build a Makefile that will work.

Unless you have some compelling reason, I'd suggest going with the flow and
putting together a tarball so the usual './configure; make; make install'
technique will work.