List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] setting the path in kde/kdm
From:       "Mark. J. Tunstall" <mark.tunstall () stonebow ! otago ! ac ! nz>
Date:       2002-01-27 1:59:47

I have an elementary problem that I'm sure for most experienced KDE/KDM
 users will be easy to solve.

I am using KDE which came as part of a Red Hat Linux 7 installation that I
 purchased. I managed to get the Linux OS working fine and then I installed a
 programe called GENESIS  (GEneral NEural SImulation System). However, when I
 tried to re-configure the KDE/KDM (default) PATH so as to be able to access
 GENESIS from any directory I met with problems.

I have tried various things such as tinkering with the .profile and
 .startkde files but so far I have had no success in solving my problem.

Could anybody help me please?

with kind regards,
Mark Tunstall.