List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] 8bit color
From:       "Murata, Wayne" <muratadw () bp ! com>
Date:       2002-01-24 17:33:41

I have a few programs that must run the Xserver in 8 bit mode.  I have tried
to configure kde to use locolor, but I am still having a problem with the
applications not getting the right colors.  Does kde allow a private
colormap for applications?  Is there a way that I can get rid of all icons
on all pull downs/menus?
I have looked through some of the documentation and in the config directory,
but am not sure what should be changed.  To complicate things, this is on
dual monitor desktops with the second xserver running at 24bit color depth.
It could also run at 8bit is necessary, but I would like to use 24bit if
possible.