List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Screenshot of KDM
From:       Hanne Munkholm <hm () it-c ! dk>
Date:       2002-01-22 13:00:45

Markus Feilner wrote:

> i think i have one here... if that helps you?

Sure, if you could make a screen capture of KDM with it, and email it
to me, it would solve my problem. That would be really nice of you.

(Off course it would still be fun to know how to cheat the X server
/kdm into letting me make one myself.)

> what do you need it for?

Our new students are coming in for a "Linux intro day" and I'm doing
some execises for them, to learn Linux and KDE.

Explaining about the shutdown button and the session type pull down
menu, when they have already logged in, usually confuses people. They
have happily forgotten the login screen as soon as they are in, and
will start looking for the described buttons at the desktop or in the
menus, in spite of the paper saying "log out" just before starting to
explain... :-) A screen shot will explain very precisely to them what
I am talking about.

--
Hanne Munkholm         hm@it-c.dk
Leder af LinuxLab      http://LinuxLab.dk

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get. --Warren Buffet