List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Problems compiling KDE-Progs
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2002-01-21 20:54:08

On Monday 21 January 2002 20:02, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use a 200 MMX-machine. Recently, I did a update from SuSE 7.1 to 7.3,
> mainly because I never could compile KDE-Progs.
>
> After the update, I hoped, all would work fine, but it isn't.
>
> OK, so I will post a short description:
>
> - I get the tarball from apps.kde.com. I unpack the files and change to the
> directory. I then start with ./configure.
>
> - At first, all semms to work properly. But then, configure breaks with the
> following message:
>
> configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 2.2.2) (libraries) not found. Please check your
> installation!

did you check your QTDIR env variable (echo $QTDIR) ?
it should be /usr/lib/qt or /usr/lib/qt2 in your case.
if this is ok, also check /etc/ld.so.conf - this should have a line
'/usr/lib/qt2/lib' - if not, add this and run ldconfig afterwards to let the
linker know where your qt libs are.
in addition, you should also have $QTDIR/bin in your $PATH
(otherwise, moc - the meta object compiler, will eventually not be found)

werner