List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] ISDN Traffic Monitoring
From:       Vicky Plaha <vkeylnx () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-12-31 12:42:13

Hi.
I have an internal ISDN card through which the
internet trickles down to my computer. I use isdnctrl
to dial/hangup and RedHat's 'internet config' on my
desktop as its GUI interface. I've a 64K link which i
can *double* by using MPPP. Life is fine so far.
To monitor my connection, I'm using IPTraf which gives
me protocol-wise details of Incoming and Outgoing
data. Now, in addition to the required stuff it
indicates IP CHECKSUM ERRORS. This number is usually
very high -- almost 40% of the total bytes
transferred.
Can anyone tell me what these checksum errors are? Are
they related to MRU and MTU or is it to do with
compression -- i mean I'm thinking aloud so please
help!

Vicky