List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] konsole-keybindings
From:       björn erlach <ttrouble () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-12-31 2:09:08

Hi,
I got problems with binding keys in the konsole.
I want to bind \C-left and \C-right to backward-word
and forward-word.
I added this lines to my /etc/inputrc:
"\e[5D":         backward-word
"\e[5C":         forward-word
this works with xterm for me.
but i couldn't find a way to tell konsole, to distinguish
between 'Left' and 'Control-Left'.
Konsole always translate both of them as ^[0C and ^[0D

I tried to change this behaviour , by putting this lines
into the default.Keytab file:
key Right -Control   : "\E5C"
key Left  -Control   : "\E5D"
I tried some other similar entries.
Does somebody know a way to solve the Problem?

http://www.gmx.net