List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] compile error in kdebase-2.2.2
From:       <mb3006 () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2001-12-28 18:43:45

OK - this is on a Thinklpad 560... a Slackware-8 install failed to run
because XF86-4.x won't play on it, so I removed all the X, kde and gnome
stuff and started over with X11-3.whatever, which does work.  The libssl
stuff appears to work fine during the kdelibs compile, and doesn't crash
until about the 3rd time it's used in kdebase.  If I had a clue how to dump
error messages with the std out into a file I could give you an exact picture
of what it's doing and where it fails. (make > make.log doesn't get stderr's
output, it probably needs a "&2" or something, my C knowledge is sadly
deficient) I did fix ld.so.conf to point to where things are now instead of
where slackware stuck them and rerun ldconfig... that was another learning
experience early on in this adventure.