List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] /dev/sequencer busy?
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2001-12-28 1:36:12

John Andersen wrote:

> Start searching the web for drivers for that that sound
> chipset.

This isn't Windows.  Where would he search for KERNEL MODULES?

<SNIP>

> > It would appear that the sound card is built into the
> > motherboard: EPoX 8KTAS.

So, you know who assembled the motherboard.

<SNIP>

> As far as HardDrake is concerned, it calls my sound card "VIA
> Technologies VT82C686 (Apollo Super  AC97/Audio)".

And that is the "sound card": VIA 82C686 (a/k/a AC97)

Do you have the Kernel Module (via82cxxx_audio.o) for this available?

What does you: "modules.conf" (in: "/etc/") file say?

	alias  sound-slot-0  via82cxxx_audio

Perhaps?

JRT

JRT