List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Client for Windows ?
From:       Ruth Ivimey-Cook <Ruth.Ivimey-Cook () arm ! com>
Date:       2001-11-19 17:45:27

At 02:17 AM 11/19/01, you wrote:
>Hi !
>Is there a X Window Client running on M$ Windows 2000 available ?? So I
>can connect from my windows machine to my linux X-Server ?

I have a license for X-Win32, from starnet.com. It's a decent program that
works fine under Win98 and IIRC claims support for NT4. I don't know about
2000.

My employer uses Hummingbird Exceed. It's good, does work on 2K, but expensive.

You could use the free WinVNC product, also. It sets up a virtual X server
on the Linux machine and then enables to remotely see that display by
copying segments over the net. I find it slower than raw X11, but it does
have the advantage that you can keep one set of apps and reconnect to the
display from any viewer.

Ruth