List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Global settings for Konqueror
From:       akar <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-09-29 22:56:08

On Saturday 29 September 2001 23:14, Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. wrote:
> How do I set the View Mode and Background Color globally?

Not sure what you mean by view mode and I assume by globally you mean for all
user accounts. A Users settings will always override what is in the KDEDIR
(the kde install dir) This is not the same place as when you run root.

But if you want any settings to be global for all Users that need to be made
in the KDEDIR. The best way to achive this is to log in as root, make your
changes and then copy the affected files from /root/.kde/share/config/ to
your $KDEDIR/share/config.  You should note that some files you create in
root or a user acct dont exist in the KDEDIR and that is because unless you
put a file there they will just use internal defaults.

--
regards,
andrew