List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Re: Deleting Entries in "Run Command"
From:       Andre Dubuc <aajdubuc () webhart ! net>
Date:       2001-09-29 1:57:33

> Any ideas what other file "kdesktoprc" might depend one? Perhaps there's
> another file where its contents might be written to?

On Friday 28 September 2001 22:44 akar wrote:
I originally suggested that after looking for a timestamp change after using
minicli.  But you are right even after deleting it the entries remain. I cant
find anywhere else. The program may keep them in memory and write back to
that file on exit.
Try clearing that file (note that it list the apps twice, in history and just
above it) after you exit kde and then see if they are their next time, if
they are then it is possibly that it keeps the list in mem and write it to
ksyscoca at shutdown but this is unlikely.
--
regards,
andrew

I tried deleting the whole file. After re-booting the original was still in
place, so it looks as if you are right. The file must be saved to memory, and
dumped into another file before reboot.

I'm not familiar with "ksyscoca" -- should I make a backup and just delete
the sucker, or, perhaps, there is a more prudent way of doing things?

What a wonderful way of learning the inner workings of kde, not to mention
Linux! Ain't this fun? And all this within three months of being a stalwart
Win 3.1 > Win 98 > Linux-Mandrake 8.0 fan!

Btw, I've encountered yet another minor problem: somehow this list either
doesn't like my password or my username. Whenever I try to log on, it won't
accept my password. How would I go about changing this?

Regards & thanks,
Andre
--
"The windows of opportunity have performed an illegal operation . . ."