List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Kde2.2 startup problem: kicker crashes
From:       Mike Richardson <mike () quaking ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-09-16 13:31:28

On Sunday 16 September 2001 13:53, akar wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 09:32, hgg wrote:
> > i noticed in the traceback it lists both /usr/local/lib and /usr/lib/ as
> > having libqt.so.* .
> > Check that out ( make sure you have only one qt installed) and your
> > problem will probably go away
>
> Ooooh! The old qt1 file in the other tree trick, gets us everytime....
> You *are* observant  'H, that'll be it for sure.

Oh yes! So it is. In which case, the academically interesting but otherwise
pointless question arrises - why did kde2.1 build and run OK? I presume that
the configure scripts for kde2.2 are a little more careless. I've rm'd the
offending files, but some systems will have them for compatability

Thanx guys
Mike

--
mike@quaking.demon.co.uk