List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: QT Designer _NOT_ under QPL.
From:       Joseph Carter <knghtbrd () debian ! org>
Date:       2000-08-21 8:30:03

The guy who maintains the unofficial KDE packages is rkrusty@debian.org.

> > We will not violate the QPL just as we will not violate the GPL.
>
> Cool.  We'll just have to wait and see.
>
> Rumor has it QT-2.2 will ship with a GPL compatible QPL-2.0
> I know.  I started that rumor and with no factual basis at all.

If that turns out to be the case, _I_ will ask RevKrusty to upload his KDE
packages (all of them) to woody and call the whole mess settled, happily
rid (I hope) of massive flamerwars dumped in my inbox every six weeks or
so.

I sat laughing snidely into my notebook until they showed me a PC running
Linux. And oh! It was as though the heavens opened and God handed down a
client-side OS so beautiful, so graceful, and so elegant that a million
Microsoft developers couldn't have invented it even if they had a hundred
years and a thousand crates of Jolt cola.
        -- LAN Times