On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 09:49:56PM -0400, Kevin Forge wrote: > > I don't know of any problems with the GPL wrt use for libraries. > > Why is it different than for applications? > > The GPL dose not govern use. Dynamically linking to a library is using > it rather than deriving from it. This caries some waste when you > realize > that being linked to is the sole purpose of a library. Header files and dynamic object data? Unless you claim that headers fall outside the scope of Copyright. I don't believe they do. (And Troll Tech certainly didn't when they went after Harmony for using their headers - and rightly so IMO as Harmony had no rights to those header files.) -- Joseph Carter GnuPG key 1024D/DCF9DAB3 Debian GNU/Linux (http://www.debian.org/) 20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC The QuakeForge Project (http://quakeforge.net/) 44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3 * Endy needs to consult coffee :P coffee the bot person, not coffee the beverage :) consulting the beverage may help too =>