Joseph Carter wrote: > > On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 03:51:38PM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote: > > 3- You haven't responded to my point 2, which RMS said on this > > mailing list yesterday was a bad idea. > > Peter, he's NOT GOING TO respond to that point. His whole argument now > seems to hinge on RMS accepting implicit permission as legal. RMS saying > that such implicit permission is difficult to rely on and all together a > bad plan bursts his bubble nicely and for the sake of consistancy on his > part (and because he's done a damned effective job trolling you along) he > has no choice but to ignore or downplay that point as much as possible. > To do otherwise would end the argument and not in a way that is favorable > to him since he'd be in the unfortunate position of attacking the opinion > he has used as his defense. > > Give it a rest, eesh! I wonder what world Joe lives on since I responded to that point yesterday. BTW, if you guys wonder why I take such a harsh attitude towards Debian Joe gives a wonderful example why. Useless people. > > -- > Joseph Carter GnuPG key 1024D/DCF9DAB3 > Debian GNU/Linux (http://www.debian.org/) 20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC > The QuakeForge Project (http://quakeforge.net/) 44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3 > > Perhaps Debian is concerned more about technical excellence rather than > ease of use by breaking software. In the former we may excel. In the > latter we have to concede the field to Microsoft. Guess where I want to go > today? > -- Manoj Srivastava