Peter S Galbraith wrote: > > mosfet wrote: > > > Peter S Galbraith wrote: > > > > > > > > I'm just saying that statement applies to source code and > > > > > everything in the original tar ball, not to binaries derived from > > > > > those sources. Can you would mean you'd have to include the > > > > > original binary as well as a modified one, or some sort of binary > > > > > patch. > > > > > > > > No, all binaries > > > > > > [that you make] > > > > > > > have to follow the QPL as well! It explictly says this > > > > in the license. *Not* just source. > > > > > > You read that it explicitely says this in 4c, and I don't. Not > > > building a binary is not the same as modifying a binary. > > > > > > > No, it's not. But not providing something in the Qt package very clearly > > breaks section 2 of the QPL. > > So I take their tar ball, compile part of it, distribute the > compiled part with their tar ball entirely included in a > subdirectory, and I'm breaking section 2 because I didn't build > _all_ of it? So you are willing to get around the GPL & QPL by shipping source that compiles to different binaries than you ship ? It's a good thing you don't speak for Debian. Most of them wouldn't agree with that on principle. > I have a different definition of `package' than you do in: > > 2. You may copy and distribute the Software in unmodified form > provided that the entire package, including - but not restricted > to - copyright, trademark notices and disclaimers, as released > by the initial developer of the Software, is distributed. > > I have incuded the entire tar ball as released by initial > developer.