List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Major licensing issue alarm...
From:       Neil Stevens <multivac () fcmail ! com>
Date:       2000-07-05 20:07:56

On Wed, 05 Jul 2000, Bill Soudan wrote:
> >From Zack Brown's most recent Kernel Traffic:
>
> http://kt.linuxcare.com/kernel-traffic/kt20000703_74.epl
>
> 'Elsewhere, Alan also remarked, "Actually folks get sued for not following
> copyrights. I've been talking to someone recently who plans to solve the
> KDE gpl/nongpl issue by issuing cease and desist orders to KDE. Vendors
> also take it seriously. Some of them anyway"'

Well, if KDE links GPL code to Qt, then the copyright holders could sue.
Then a court could decide whose interpretation of the GPL version 2 is
legally binding.

Does anything in KDE contain GPL code taken from other projects that don't
themselves link to Qt?

--
Neil Stevens
multivac@fcmail.com

My GnuPG 1.0.0 public key is available at:
http://www.qualityassistant.com/neilstevens.gpg.asc