List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    QPL 2.0 ?
From:       Kevin Forge <forge () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2000-07-02 17:46:41

Well it looks like Troll Tech is gona make another go at
writing the QPL.  He spoke specifically about ditching the
"patch clause" ( 6c ) and the "send us your app clause."
( 3 ).

Any word on when we can see the 1st draft of this ?
I would like if this time it was done properly.  I.e. in
a way that will prevent intelligent people from having
license gripes with KDE.

Also, will this license be applied to QT-2.1 or only latter
versions ?  KDE-2.0 is on QT-2.1 and it's a little late in
the BETA to change something so deep as the GUI library.