List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: RMS,Debian and KDE
From:       "Darren O. Benham" <gecko () debian ! org>
Date:       2000-06-19 20:43:48

Joseph,

Why don't you substantiate that DEBIAN's problem (and not YOUR problem) is
with "the number of KDE proponents who have said...".  The only official
Debian statement that I can find is the original one that Debian made when
the decision to not ship KDE was made
(http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=1998-10-08-002-10-OP)

While this was directed at KDE1/QT1, the core issue of QPL !compatible with
GPL is still true and I don't recall any other official statement coming
from either a GR or Project Leader.