List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Debian FUD and whining
From:       Joseph Carter <knghtbrd () debian ! org>
Date:       2000-06-18 15:46:37

On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 09:30:40AM -0500, mosfet wrote:
> Okay, I'm now convinced Debian (specifically Joe Carter) are not being
> legitimate in their licensing complaints and are now just being
> malicious.
>
> First of all, KDE is not illegal. As I mentioned on the kde@kde.org
> thread, US and German law both have provisions for something called
> "intent".

You completely ignore the very blatant and obvious case of kghostscript
which was not written by KDE and therefore KDE has absolutely no right
whatsoever to relicense.  I've come to expect ignoring the obvious from
you, so welcome to my killfile.

<netgod> Feanor: u have no idea of the depth of the stupidty of american law