List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: New QPL online
From:       Richard Stallman <rms () gnu ! org>
Date:       1999-03-11 11:07:49

    On closer inspection I see that section 6c is not incompatible
    because it is governed by section 6.

I see what you mean, but I do not think it avoids the problem.
The reason is this:

Under the GPL, you have permission to distribute copies when you want
to.  You can give copies to John and Elaine, and (at least if those
copies include the source) you are not ever required give any copies
to anyone else.  (*They* have the right to redistribute if they wish,
but that is a separate issue.)

So the restriction imposed by the QPL that you must give a copy' to
Troll Tech does still impose a further requirement on your GPL-covered
code.