List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    who did the kde debian packages?
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       1998-12-16 11:24:11

Montreal Wed Dec 16 06:16:48 1998

I believe it was a KDE developer who was maintaining Debian's .deb
packages (when they had them)?

If so, and if Debian is never going to allow KDE binaries, that person
might want to consider packaging KDE source with automated compilation
in the post-installation script.  I believe KDE source *would*
qualify to enter Debian main.  With Debian including KDE, RedHat
would be the black sheep of the distributions.

However, it may not be worth it since people can download KDE and
compile it for themselves.

-N.

[Please reply to wherever appropriate but not to both lists.  I've set]
[the default reply-to to the KDE list.                                ]