List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: [rms@gnu.org: Re: can normal programs be LGPL'ed?]y
From:       Arnt Gulbrandsen <agulbra () troll ! no>
Date:       1998-12-15 11:54:30

Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com>
> Avus <top249@g26.ethz.ch> wrote:
> > Replace 'commercial' with 'proprietary' and I agree.
>
> That's a red herring.
>
> See also: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/selling.html

I've done that, and I can't help noticing how, after many years, no
case stories have been added to that page.  It just asserts, with
nothing to back up its assertions.  Not terribly persuasive.

If you want to persuade people that that page is right, I think you
should write some.  You mentioned Aladdin the other day, didn't you?
A couple of paragraphs about that company's success would be a nice
case story to back up those assertions (assuming Aladding has made a
pile of money).  For example.

--Arnt