List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: [rms@gnu.org: Re: can normal programs be LGPL'ed?]
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1998-12-14 13:09:58

On Sun, 13 Dec 1998, Raul Miller wrote:

> Kevin Forge <forgeltd@usa.net> wrote:
> > What dose the Tex license say ?  ( I think that's the one )
>
> That's an interesting one.
>
> Basically, you can call anything TeX if it passes the validation suite.
> There's also a reference implementation which, if you modify, you can
> no longer claim that it's the reference implementation [you have to
> rename it].  Finally, there's a font in the reference implementation that
> is restricted rather strongly (if I recall correctly you lose the rights
> to use the font if it's not being used in the reference implementation).

You forgot to mention that you can't distribute a modified version of
TeX's source file (tex.web?), but you can distribute a patch to it (patch
to be applied by some weird mechanism)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Life isn't short. It's just that death is longer.