List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Eye of the Tiger
From:       Jo Dillon <emily () thelonious ! new ! ox ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1998-11-18 13:16:41

Alan Cox (alan@cymru.net) spake thusly:
> > I just sat down to read the QPL and the radio card started blasting out
> > "Eye of the Tiger".  Very dammed appropriate if you ask me.
> > And now it's Michael Jackson's "Beat It".
> >
> > I'm serious here. :)
>
> Its a very good early draft. It certainly appears to be philosophically
> GPL equivalent. It doesn't solve the "commercial apps pay to use qt" issue,
> nor for that matter would I expect Troll Tech to "resolve" that one 8). I
> guess commercial people can pay troll or fund Harmony 8)

  Well, that rather assumes that Harmony continues to exist. I for one
can't see much reason to continue developing Harmony now that Qt is
open source. The only thing Harmony does that Qt 2.0 doesn't is
anti-aliased Truetype support, and I can write a patch to put that in Qt
now :)

--
	Jo

Harmony - the project to create an LGPL Qt clone
http://harmony.ruhr.de