List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: KDE hurts Qt (was Re: LICENSES)
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1998-10-15 13:33:11

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Kevin Forge wrote:

> Raul Miller wrote:

> > Roberto Alsina <ralsina@unl.edu.ar> wrote:
> > > What exactly is the difference between Qt on SuSE and Motif in Solaris.
> > > Sorry, but I don't see a way you can have one, not the other and still
> > > sound coherent.
> >
> > There are no GPLed applications linked against Motif which are
> > shipped with Motif under Solaris.
>
> And the question is could Sun ship XEmacs on the Solaris CD ?
> As far as I can tell they wouldn't even need to ask.

Or else the GPL doesn't comply with two conditions of the DFSG and debian
should drop all GPL'd packages :-P

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
"I can attempt anything, specialization is for insects" (50% Heinlein).