List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: GPL Nightmare?
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1998-08-26 4:00:18

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998, Joe Orton wrote:
[snip]

> Quick question...
>
> If Harmony had a complete Qt 1.40 clone complete today, which was LGPL'ed,
> would the KDE project switch to using (ie supporting use of) this?
>
> >From the original www.kde.org pages, I'd say yes, but after seeing
> 'ettrich@troll.no'...

The decision to switch is the prerogative of the maintainer of each
application. In the mean time, I suggest you show some respect for the
person who initiated the KDE in the first place.

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
School of Physics    Univ of Melbourne   KDE: The Desktop sans Toga