List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Re: FreeQt concerns
From:       Kevin Forge <forgeltd () usa ! net>
Date:       1998-04-15 22:38:51

Joel Dillon wrote:

> > However I think I have finally grasped the philosophy behind the KDE
> > rejection and see that there is no hope for it to ever be rectified
> > ( except for the Harmony project, which nobody on either side seams
> > to care about ) or Troll Tech going belly up, thus making QT BSD
> > ( which I wouldn't want to see ).
> >
>   Not entirely true. We have several KDE people working on Harmony. The
> Gnome people don't need to care much, especially at this stage, since
> they're based around gtk rather than Qt.
>         Jo
You can tell when Linux developers care about something.  It shows.
The KDE people want Harmony to progress so as to not be vulnerable to
a Troll Tech collapse, and to get included in RedHat and SlackWare
distributions.
The FreeQT foundation solves the first concern.  The second is
dwindling into insignificance.  After all.  We want to have KDE
on a Linux CD.  If it's not on a one company's CD then it will be
on  another.
--
A computer without Windows 95 and Internet Explorer is like
a piece of chocolate cake without Catsup and Mustard.