List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Re: FreeQt concerns
From:       Kevin Forge <forgeltd () usa ! net>
Date:       1998-04-06 22:32:33

Joel Dillon wrote:

> > You seem to forget that KDE has not afected the development of GNOME
> > In fact I think GNOME is farther along now because of the "KDE threat"
> > than it wold be if KDE did not exist.
>
>   If KDE were GPL'able then most people wouldn't be working on Gnome
                                          ^^^^^^^^
> and we'd have a unified desktop, as opposed to the current split
> between two desktop environments.

That mistake is more accurate than you know.  most of the people working
on GNOME now would not be there if KDE did not exist.  Most of the
people
working on KDE would not be at GNOME if GTK was the only game in town.
Therefore GNOME has gained from the existence of KDE just as how iNTEL
is better off because of AMD and Bell is more prosperous after the
"big split"
--
A computer without Windows 95 and Internet Explorer is likea piece of
chocolate cake without Catsup and Mustard.