Am Sonntag, 4. Januar 2015, 19:03:44 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau: > Happy New Year, all, > > though I just made a not too happy discovery: > there are quite some files in the Calligra codebase which have a somehow > broken license header which names the "GNU Lesser General Public" in > "version 2 of the License"... > which does not exist, there is only 2.1 as minimum version (2 was the > version of the "Library" variant). > > Seems someone once adapted the header from "GNU Library General Public" to > "GNU Lesser General Public" but forgot the license number, and then people > happily copied that header over since ages without noticing. Only a few > files have a correct "GNU Lesser General Public" header. > > Question: > can it be assumed (and should we) that all contributors actually agreed to > the "2.1" version of the "Lesser" given there is no "2" version? > Especially as at least all files I checked also contain "or (at your option) > any later version.", where "2.1" would be a theoretical later version of > "2"? > > To be on the really safe side I guess one would need to get all contributors > explicitely agree to the correct version. But pragmatically I would just > assume people very much were in agreement with 2.1, and this can be > considered just a typo. > > So would anyone strongly advise against simply applying a patch to all those > license headers and change the "2" to "2.1"? Seems noone does, and everyone agrees it can be considered a typo. So will prepare a patch as review request tomorrow which fixes that typo. Cheers Friedrich _______________________________________________ Kde-licensing mailing list Kde-licensing@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-licensing